15 Dangerous Plants Hiding in Your Backyard

Shutterstock

Daffodil

If you seek help quickly, ingesting daffodils won’t kill you. However, according to the NCPC, ingestion can be fatal to small children and pets if left untreated.

And while all parts of a daffodil contain the toxic chemical lycorine, it’s the oxalates—or toxic chemicals found in the plant’s bulb—that do the most damage to your body.

If you experience throat pain, difficulty swallowing, and severe drooling that persists for several hours, get thee to a doctor, stat.

Related Articles

Decorations

Garden

Tips