Every homeowner who has a basement knows that moisture is very common there, but most individuals donít understand the seriousness of the situation and leave it untreated Ė which is a common mistake because it can lead to mold and mildew causing health problems at the same time. ďAs a general rule, if you smell mildew, you have mold,Ē Bassett says.
So, you should use a dehumidifier in your basement and clean that space as often as possible. Donít forget that molds and mildew can grow in damp carpets, as well as beneath wall coverings. Therefore, try to find where the water is coming from and how it enters the basement.
You might also like: 11 Warning Signs Your Home Is About to Be Infested.†